Don't miss our holiday offer - up to 50% OFF!
ABOUT IABC BARBADOS
The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is a global network of communication professionals committed to improving organizational effectiveness through strategic communication. Established in 1970, IABC serves members in more than 70 countries for networking, career development and personal growth.
IABC Barbados’ Goals
- To create meaningful opportunities for networking while bringing an end to the isolation in which professionals currently work;
- To create genuine opportunities for professional development;
- To create a local community of professionals whose members are committed to a single code of ethics;
- To create a platform in which business communications speak with a single united, credible voice; and
- To demonstrate to business leaders how public relations and corporate communications practiced professionally, can enhance all those desirables such as corporate reputation, stakeholder trust, productivity and profits.
“I want to see us at the table advising senior leaders on matters of organizational importance, such as employee engagement, brand positioning and corporate social responsibility. I also want that when we communicators open our mouths to speak, that people stop and listen, and that communications is a profession that people admire, and not that we are seen as just the fixers. However, we can’t do that if we are not continuously educating ourselves, and arming ourselves with the tools to advance our clients, companies and the profession.”
Dr. Pamala Proverbs, APR, ABC
IABC Barbados President