Don't miss our holiday offer - up to 50% OFF!
Join IABC Barbados as we kick off 2024 with our first Networking Event. Date: Thursday, February 29thTime: 6:00pmLocation: Tapas, Hastings Our networking events offer the perfect opportunity to expand your network, exchange ideas, and forge meaningful connections with like-minded peers.…
The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Barbados Chapter’s members and other industry professionals gathered for its Annual General Meeting (AGM) held on Thursday, January 25, at the Frank Collymore Hall Meeting Room. The event was marked by a reflection…
The Barbados Chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is pleased to announce its Annual General Meeting (AGM) scheduled for Thursday, January 25, 2024, at Frank Collymore Hall, Central Bank of Barbados. Current and prospective members of IABC Barbados…
Founding President of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Barbados Christal P. Austin will join IABC Canada Master Communicator Cyrus Mavalwala as a featured speaker at the IABC World Conference 2023. Christal and Cyrus will lead the presentation “Digital…
ABOUT IABC BARBADOS
The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is a global network of communication professionals committed to improving organizational effectiveness through strategic communication. Established in 1970, IABC serves members in more than 70 countries for networking, career development and personal growth.
IABC Barbados’ Goals
- To create meaningful opportunities for networking while bringing an end to the isolation in which professionals currently work;
- To create genuine opportunities for professional development;
- To create a local community of professionals whose members are committed to a single code of ethics;
- To create a platform in which business communications speak with a single united, credible voice; and
- To demonstrate to business leaders how public relations and corporate communications practiced professionally, can enhance all those desirables such as corporate reputation, stakeholder trust, productivity and profits.
“I want to see us at the table advising senior leaders on matters of organizational importance, such as employee engagement, brand positioning and corporate social responsibility. I also want that when we communicators open our mouths to speak, that people stop and listen, and that communications is a profession that people admire, and not that we are seen as just the fixers. However, we can’t do that if we are not continuously educating ourselves, and arming ourselves with the tools to advance our clients, companies and the profession.”
Dr. Pamala Proverbs, APR, ABC
IABC Barbados President